Collection of papers and articles that I’ve spotted since my previous links post that seem interesting.
- Are US companies too short-term oriented?
- Summing up Noah Smith's thoughts on macroeconomics
- How important was colonial trade for the rise of Europe?
- Estimating the social return to higher education: evidence from longitudinal and repeated cross-sectional data
- I believe that higher education is to a great extent signaling. I was pointed to this paper for the view that it has positive spilloves.
- Tyler Cowen conversation with Raj Chetty
- The limits of public choice theory
- Nested externalities and polycentric institutions
- Problems of guaranteed jobs
- Blowback theory (That Western-initiated wars in the Middle East drive terrorism) seems to be false
- The long-term effect of health insurance on near-elderly health and mortality
- A review of The Curse of Cash
- Experts and the Gold Standard
- The cherry picked science in Vox's Charles Murray article
- The last of a series of articles in the recent debate about race and IQ.
- Global evidence of extreme intuitive moral prejudice against atheists
- Do workers want to have bosses because it helps them be more self-disciplined? Some evidence
- People with autism, specially women, tend to be less heterosexual
- Findings in psychology that do replicate
- Taking aversion
- The implications of our findings may extend to the debate on the origins of property rights. Aversion to taking is consistent with the contention that “the sense of ownership of property is hardwired into the human psyche and precedes and underlies the advent of formal legal institutions” (Eswaran and Neary, 2014, p. 203) and inconsistent with the contention that property rights exist only when the legal system assigns and enforces them.
- Are Republicans more scientifically literate than Democrats (US)?
- Would you choose to be happy? Tradeoffs between happiness and the other dimensions of life
- Towards a synthesis of culture and evolution?
- Animals have no ability and no desire to communicate anything about events beyond the here and now
- Manifesto for a New American Liberalism
- What's the strongest argument against a political position you hold dear?
- A compendium of clean graphs in R
- Playing gridworld with reinforcement learning
- Guide to MCMC methods
- Google Brain residency, a writeup
- Thermodynamics as a theory of decision-making with information-processing costs
- The role of ideology in politics
- Apparently many animals do die of senescence
- Eminent domain: a comparative perspective
- A ranking of healthcare systems
Comments from WordPress
- Rational Feed – deluks917 2017-06-17T22:34:14Z
[…] Links 9 by Artir (Nintil) – Economics, Psychology, Artificial Intelligence, Philosophy and other links. […]