Collection of papers and articles that I’ve spotted since my previous links post that seem interesting.
- Boom: The future of supersonic flight?
- Sergio Canavero: Will his head transplants roll?
- Lockheed compact fusion reactor design about 100 times larger than first plans
- UK Tokamak Energy startup has a test fusion reactor
- Acton, deontology, and risk: Against the multiplicative model
- Assessing Greene’s Epistemic Debunking Argument Against Deontology
- The pessimistic induction: a bad argument gone too far
- Why are economists giving Piketty the old shoulder?
- What is the best form of privatization?
- This thread, on R&D and Mazzucato (In Spanish, English, and Catalan)
- featuring Xavier Sala i Martin near the end
- A conservative wonk makes the case for the AHCA
- Railroads, technology adoption and modern economic development: evidence from Japan
- Replicating anomalies
- Apparently recent critiques of the EMH are not that good
- How much do people value health insurance?
- Twenty years of time series econometrics in ten pictures
- Machine learning: an applied econometric approach
- The state of applied econometrics: causality and policy evaluation
- Prices of high-tech products, mismeasurement, and pace of innovation
- The siren song of homogeneity
- Tyler Cowen’s stubborn philosophical attachments
- Moral Foundations theory: On the advantages of moral pluralism over moral monism
- A reply to recent criticisms
- The rat-a-gorical imperative. Moral intuition and the limits of affective learning.
- Stop saying the brain learns by rewiring itself
- Can psychologists tell us anything about morality?
- Amazon to share new building with homeless shelter
- Learning by flip-flopping
- Conservatives are wrong about everything, except predicting their own place in the culture
- Generative Adversarial Networks: State of the Art
- Elon Musk’s boring talk
- The state of sovereignty
- Auftragstaktik: decentralization in military command